Latest full installation package.
Update from 5.00 to 6.01
(To update from earlier versions,
download the full installation package above)
Try it now in your computer
Flying time is limited to 2 minutes without the original USB interface.
AeroSIM-RC is highly optimised to run smoothly on computers with inexpensive graphics hardware. We focus on training, not special effects.
If you already own the simulator and want to try the Pro features, please contact us and we will send you an activation code for 2-hour evaluation.
||Sample Scenarios created with the Scenario Generator are available for download at the bottom of this page.
New in 6.01
Newly Supported Controllers
From this version, AeroSIM-RC supports any joystick device:
Newly supported: Transmitters with USB in Joystick Mode.
Some RC Transmitters have a USB port that can be set in Joystick Mode (RadioMaster, BETAFPV, Taranis, etc.)
In this case, the AeroSIM RC USB interface is used only as a license dongle.
Newly supported: USB Simulator Controllers
Some RC manufacturers like Dynam or FlySky sell inexpensive USB RC Flight Simulator Controllers, for simulator use only, which look like a conventional RC Transmitter.
Newly supported: InterLink DX Simulator Controller
Spektrum InterLink DX Simulator Controller can now be used with AeroSIM-RC
Newly supported: Any Joystick
Actually, any joystick can now be used with AeroSIM RC, for example PS4 and XBox controllers.
However, we strongly recommend to use a proper RC controller since most joysticks do not have the quality required for good training.
- The optional 12Ch license now allows to use different controllers at the same time, for example for camera operator and pilot each using its own controller.
- The Controller Configuration and Calibration has been fully reworked.
- The controller FS-i6S is now calibrated and configured by default.
- Improved application interface and graphics:
- Mouse middle button restores previous settings.
- Mouse double click to select aircraft or scenario.
- Blinking REC red circle when recording flight.
- Map View:
- Blinking aircraft symbol when out of map view
New in 5.03
The new RC airplane EYAS is one of the best trainers available.
New airplane E-Sky EYAS. This is one of the best trainer RC planes available today.
- Improved visual effect of landing gear articulated struts in airplanes.
- v5.03 fixes a bug present in v5.02 that did not show some arrows used in some training programs.
- Other small improvements and bug fixes.
New in 5.01
Shows aircraft position, heading and velocity vector, trajectory, home position, altitude, speed, map scale, etc.
The Map, VLOS and Camera views can now be arranged in tiles.
|A Thermal is a column of rising warm air where an airplane can glide without power.
Circling birds, as shown in AeroSIM-RC, indicate the presence of a thermal.
||The new "Vario" instrument shows the vertical velocity and altitude graph.
Night mode (Pro)
How does it feel to fly at night?
Aircraft have been equipped with a green flashing light for visibility (allowing to be distinguished from manned aircraft).
Get immersed in the darkness of the night with a drone.
The certificate can be exported for printing in the Pro
Earn your Certificate by completing the training programs.
Other new Features
- Improved Ground Effect on wings.
- Altimeter now shows height relative to take off altitude, removed red mark showing terrain elevation under aircraft.
- Added Zoom to FreeViewMode (mouse wheel).
- Instrument Climb/Descent rate was showing vertical aircraft speed relative to wind. Now it correctly indicates vertical speed relative to ground. This is clearly noticed inside thermals.
- Fixed bug in VLOS Training Program in v4.72 in Vertical Descent exercise, the training did not unpause correctly.
- Fixed the Upload Pilot Progress function which stopped working after the site was moved from http to https.
- Fixed unexpected device name message found message in the controller calibration Wizard.
- Wind settings dialog now show wind speed in user selected units.
- Individual OSD menu items in top bar menu.
- New image test patterns to help adjust display brightness and contrast.
- v5.01 fixes a bug in v5.00 that prevented the button "Upgrade to Pro" from appearing.
New in 4.52
- New pilot Logbook
- New settings page (options for Video, Sound, Graphics, Language, Update, etc.)
- Updated AESA Exam manoeuvre 305 after clarification from AESA
- Improved User Interface:
- Instruments improved cycling through different options
- OSD improved cycling through different OSDs
- Auto Reset options (now easier to understand)
- Simplified "Aircraft" menu by moving the commands related to start position and launch to a new menu "Take-Off"
- Fixed bad characters in some windows messages
- Updated AESA Exam manoeuvre 305 after clarification from AESA
New in 4.5
- Improved camera gimbal (added rate control)
- Improved Tele Zoom up to 2 degrees FOV
- New RTH function (Return To Home) (Pro)
- GPS satellite first fix time
- New Parachute (Flight Termination System) (Pro)
- Take a photo of the screen and save it as jpg now can be assigned to a TX channel (Pro)
- Added selection of onboard camera from a TX channel.
- New Advanced Calibration Page.
- DJI Serial connexion with controller. Experimental feature read Remote Controller connected to a USB port (tested with Phantom2 Remote Controller only)
- Four TX configurations (previously only Config A and B)
- Improvements in Model Editor (eg. graphics view rotation)
- Improved Flight recording for multirotor.
- Added Graphics Option to display FPS during flight.
- Improved accuracy of sun glare.
- New play loop button to replay all recorded flights.
- New auto-play function to replay all recorded flight after some inactivity time.
- Small Guest logo displayed at the bottom right corner (file LogoGuest256.tga)
- Plugin: Added Point/Line List for Waypoint representation.
- Added Czech language.
- New Font option to use gray fonts for displays where the subpixels technique (that is, ClearType red/blue subpixels) cannot be used.
The parachute reduces the impact energy in case of emergency
- Configuration and user files are now stored in C:\Users\Public\Documents\AeroSIM_RC.
Before this version, user files were stored in C:\ProgramData\AeroSIM_RC, but in Windows 10, the access is restricted to other users.
- Fixed aircraft Lights turned off unexpectedly.
- Multirotors now do not flip over at take-off with GPS mode during training exercises.
- Flight Mode is now updated with the current position of the TX switch after loading a model.
- Model Lights that cannot be turned off do not have now a control in the instruments panel.
- Window resize now updates correctly on screen elements.
- Joystick reporting data greater than 255 can now be calibrated in the simulator for evaluation purposes.
- Joystick data is now received by AeroSIM-RC also when window has not focus.
- Fixed aircraft shadow flickering.
- Business Features
- New Scenario for Aerial Inspections with Wind Turbines, Power Lines, Comms Towers and Solar Panels.
- Official multirotor exam manoeuvres to obtain the Multirotor Pilot License, according to AESA published guide Ap.I An.3 rev.3 27/07/2018.
New Scenario for Aerial Inspections
with Wind Turbines, Power Lines, Comms Towers and Solar Panels
New in 4.3
- New Aircraft
- Raven (with deep stall landings)
- MultiWiiCopter Scarab Reconn
- CyberQuad MAXI (Pro)
- ATX8_PRO (Pro)
- Cool things
- DJI iOSD as Plugin (open source code)
- DJI Phantom and Naza LEDs showing flight mode and battery warnings
- New more modern look for controls and menus
- New screen with cool oscilloscope-type channel display (in Help/USB info)
- Bottom menu reorganised
- Custom Logo can be added for demo, display or training purposes.
- Keyboard layout is now correct for QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboards
- Added Russian language
- Fixed multirotor flip-over at take off
- Fixed crash when user file cannot be opened for write due to permissions
- Fixed problem in Scenario Generator with large images
- Fixed crash after creating a FPV scenario
- Fixed corrupted graphics when Secondary View is enabled
DJI iOSD is included as a Plugin with source code
New Raven and MultiWiiCopter Scarab Reconn
New in 4.2
- New aircraft: DJI Phantom 2 Vision (Note: Only DJI Phantom 2 Remote Controller model NDJ6 has a Trainer Port compatible with AeroSIM-RC)
- New aircraft: TBS Discovery PRO
- Improved aerodynamics for multirotors (reflow, ground effect, wind effect)
- Aircraft with 2 FPV cameras can now show each one in Main view or PiP
- New Part group editing allows change values in all props at once
DJI Phantom 2 Vision
DJI Phantom 2 Vison, and TBS Discovery PRO
New in 4.1
- New aircraft: DJI F450 (with new GPS hold function)
- New aircraft: Cinestar 8
- New aircraft Graphic options (e.g. boom colored position on multirotors)
- Display aircraft flight time and lesson progress on aircraft selection dialog
- Improved view when aircraft near pilot
- Added more time to multirotor Forward Flight lessons
- Lesson multirotor does not force now FlightMode 0 at each lesson start
- Improved selection of next Lesson from controller by waiting to center sticks
- Graphic Option to Run in a framed window
- Fixed crash when SwapInterval() not supported by graphic driver (i.e. graphics driver not installed)
- New buttons for Manual/Attitude/GPS
- Improved mouse click detection at low FPS
New DJI F450 and Cinestar 8
New in 4.0
- New scenario: City
- New feature: LED lights for aircraft
- New aircraft: ATX8
- New Reset Mode: Travel Back in time after crash
- Camera Zoom controlled from TX
- New 'Timer Pause' button in lessons allows to practise without time limit
- New languages: German, Italian
New in 3.91
- New aircraft: Siix, Trii
- New multicopter Heading Hold mode (not autolevel): 330X, MK-Quadro, Trii, Siix
- New Assistant for Controller Calibration and channel assignment. Calibration done in simulator, not in Windows
- New language: French
- Going to next lesson easily commanded now from controller (keyboard and mouse not necessary anymore)
- New aircraft moving part feature (first used in TriiCopter arm tilt)
- Fixed bug in scenario generator not allowing longitudes beyond 60 degrees
- Fixed problem plugin not found
New Trii and Siix
New in 3.8
- New Training Program for Multirotors and Helicopters
- New aircraft: MK-OktoXL with stabilized camera
- Improved yaw performance in MK aircraft
- New Side Menu with main options: Select Aircraft, Training, FPV and Game mode
- CareFree v2.0 with 'teachable' option at Receiver Part
New MK-Okto XL with stabilized camera
New Copter Training Program
New in 3.7
- New Mikrokopter multirotors: MK-Quadro, MK-Hexa, MK-Okto and MK-Okto2
- New functions for Mikrokopter: Alt-Hold, Camera Stabilisation, CareFree mode, Motors On/Off
- New camera Roll stabilisation
- Lesson Roller Coaster is now easier
- Windsock moved out of the runway in generated scenarios
- New initial position for helicopters and multirotors, with tail view and nose away from pilot
New Mikrokopter MK-Quadro, MK-Hexa, MK-Okto, MK-Okto2
New in 3.6
- New Heli30
- New plugin OSD644DMD
- New Radio Flight Modes (Idle Up and Throttle Hold modes for helicopters)
- Improved engine smoke graphics
- Instrument RPM, now shows Rotor RPM in helicopters
- Improved Wind simulation
- New electronic beep sounds at aircraft power-on (330X-S)
New OSD644DMD plugin
New in 3.5
- New multirotor 330X-S (quadcopter by GAUI)
- Real Terrain Elevation data for scenarios created from satellite image
- Ikarus OSD
- New Plugin capability to try new OSDs and automatic pilot products
- Instrument Panel units now configurable
- Training Program: Landings now easier
- Fixed REV in channel configuration screen for modes 1,3 y 4
Ikarus OSD plugin (included in v3.5)
New Real Elevation Data for scenario generated from satellite images
New multirotor GAUI 330X-S
New in 3.4
- New 3 channel airplane (no ailerons): Dolphin 3
- New scenario export/import function
- New on screen camera controls to easily control the camera with the mouse
- New Mouse Emulation with the Controller to control all functions from the TX
- New Safe Throttle for electric aircraft (wait for throttle down before start motor)
- New functions from Controller: Aircraft Reset and Airplane Hand Launch
- Training Program: Option to unlock all lessons
- Lesson progress timer now works fine in slow computers
- Direct access menu to Instrument Panel and OSD
- Instrument Panel position editable and stored for each screen resolution
- Improved User Interface
- FPV OSD with graphic heading ribbon and steering bug
New OSD compass ribbon
New aircraft and new Camera Controls
New in 3.3
- New aircraft: Predator UAV and CyberQuad
- Research and Development using AeroSIM-RC via plugin dll (for developers of autopilots, stabilizers, IMUs, etc.)
- Improved graphics for NVidia cards
- New Altitude Hold function for CyberQuad
- New FPV Camera Tilt stabilization function for CyberQuad
- CloseUp window with FPV camera
- CloseUp window now resizeable
- Added ground effect and reflow effect to propellers
- New Edit Aircraft page layout
New Predator and CyberQuad
New in 3.2
- Improved airplane landing performance
- Improved channel configuration menu
- Support for Remote Controller Modes 1,2,3 and 4
- Offer channel configuration menu after install
- Added tips on Controller configuration for simulator use
- Improved Brakes warning only when on ground
- Improved Context help on Instrument Controls
- Lessons: Offer to try Training Program if not tried yet
- Lessons: Fixed wind direction in low-pass over runway lessons
- Lessons: Increased time in Taxi lessons
New Channel Configuration Menu
New in 3.1
- New Scenario Generator:
- Accepts jpg images of any size
- Interactive Elevation Map editing. See the terrain elevation while editing
- Graphically select the Aircraft Initial Position
- Georeference the image with any two points of known coordinates
- New nicer character fonts
- Removed "Adverse Wind" caption
- Predefined Mild Wind changed from 10 to 5 km/h, gust changed from 10% to 5%
- Wind gust selectable in 1% increments (was 10%)
- Added feedback in controls configuration
New Scenario Generator
New in 3.0
- New Training Program for the beginner to learn to pilot a RC aircraft, with 63 lessons including Control operation, Take Off, Landing, Taxi, Forced Landings, and flight Patterns
- New Automatic Updates notifies if there is any update available and downloads it
- New User Profile to track training progress and flight statistics
- New Out-of-Trim function on aileron, elevator and rudder
- New Engine Failure warning
- Improved Ground effect
- Improved Wind controls
New Training Program
New TRIM function to practise with out-of-trim airplanes
New in 2.03
- Improved Aircraft Selection by showing aircraft features graphically and info such as weight, wingspan, scale and recommended pilot experience
- Improved EF2000 performance
- New CG tuning slider to easily move forward/aft the CG of the airplane
- Improved battery simulation behaviour realistically simulates discharge curves for LiPo, NiCd and NiMh
- New BEC functionality in Speed Control component
- FPV Camera parameters moved from FPV-Options to a new simulation component FPV. New FPV simulation component with up to 3 FPV camera configurations and pan/tilt servo speed
- Camera can be controlled now with channels 1,2,3 and 4
- Added OSD Battery voltage, current, consumed charge and Timer (time elapsed since last battery/fuel recharge)
- Lat/Long display in OSD is now optional
- Units displayed in the OSD now optional
- New Altitude, Range and Timer FPV alarms in OSD
- New access to Controller / TX-Configuration, from Menu Bar, for Flaps, Landing Gear, Brakes and FPV Pan/Tilt channel configuration
- Improved TX-Configuration menu with images for Flaps, Landing Gear, Brakes and FPV Pan/Tilt
- Added Range and Bearing to Home to the Compass instrument in Instrument Panel
- Engine start/stop and brakes operation are now recorded and played back
Improved OSD with Battery Voltage, Current, Consumed Charge and Timer
Improved Aircraft Selection menu with info such as weight, wingspan, scale, etc.
Improved FPV Options with Alarms
New in 2.02
- First Multirotor added
- New AutoPilot Component (senses accelerations X,Y,Z and roll and pitch angles)
- Gyroscopic torque added to spinning propellers
- Fix Flight Playback: Motor is now played back correctly
New in 2.01
- Improved Scenario Generator
- Texts reworded
- Target Scenario File Size is now in MB (was KB)
- When Scenario Generator launches AeroSIM-RC, the brand new scenario will be loaded
- Fix: Aircraft in generated scenario not positioned correctly on ground
- Fully supported English Language
- Default language now taken from operating system user preferences
- Message "Restart program after language change" in the newly selected language
- User Manual in English
- Scenario Generator in English
- Installer in English
These scenarios have been created with the Scenario Generator built in AeroSIM-RC