Try it now in your computer
Unlike games with spectacular graphics, AeroSIMRC only needs a humble computer to run smoothly. We focus on training not spectacle. Check requirements here.
Requires Windows. This file is the latest AeroSIM-RC release (full package)
Download this file if you want to try AeroSIM-RC in your computer.
Evaluation: Flying time is limited to 2 minutes if original USB interface is not plugged in.
Update from 4.30 to 4.51
Sample Scenarios created with the Scenario Generator are available for download at the bottom of this page.
New in 4.5 (Oct 2018)
- Improved camera gimbal (added rate control)
- Improved Tele Zoom up to 2 degrees FOV
- New RTH function (Return To Home) (Pro2017)
- GPS satellite first fix time
- New Parachute (Flight Termination System) (Pro2017)
- Take a photo of the screen and save it as jpg now can be assigned to a TX channel (Pro2014)
- Added selection of onboard camera from a TX channel.
- New Advanced Calibration Page.
- DJI Serial connexion with controller. Experimental feature read Remote Controller connected to a USB port (tested with Phantom2 Remote Controller only)
- Four TX configurations (currently only Config A and B)
- Improvements in Model Editor (eg. graphics view rotation)
- Improved Flight recording for multirotor.
- Added Graphics Option to display FPS during flight.
- Improved accuracy of sun glare.
- New play loop button to replay all recorded flights.
- New autoplay function to replay all recorded flight after some inactivity time.
- Small Guest logo displayed at the bottom right corner (file LogoGuest256.tga)
- Plugin: Added Point/Line List for Waypoint representation.
- Added Czech language.
- New Font option to use Gray fonts for displays where the subpixels technique (that is, ClearType red/blue subpixels) cannot be used.
The parachute reduces the impact energy in case of emergency
- Configuration and user files are now stored in C:\Users\Public\Documents\AeroSIM_RC.
Before this version, user files were stored in C:\ProgramData\AeroSIM_RC, but in Windows 10, the access is restricted to other users.
- Fixed aircraft Lights turned off unexpectedly.
- Multirotors now do not flip over at take-off with GPS mode during training exercises.
- Flight Mode is now updated with the current position of the TX switch after loading a model.
- Model Lights that cannot be turned off do not have now a control in the instruments panel.
- Window resize now updates correctly on screen elements.
- Joystick reporting data greater than 255 can now be calibrated in the simulator for evaluation purposes.
- Joystick data is now received by AeroSIM RC also when window has not focus.
- Fixed aircraft shadow flickering.
- Business Features
- New Scenario for Aerial Inspections with Wind Turbines, Power Lines, Comms Towers and Solar Panels.
- Official multirotor exam manoeuvres published by AESA (Spanish Aviation Safety Agency)
New Scenario for Aerial Inspections
with Wind Turbines, Power Lines, Comms Towers and Solar Panels
Official exam manoeuvres to obtain the Multirotor Pilot License,
according to AESA published guide Ap.I An.3 rev.3 27/07/2018.
(AESA is the Spanish Aviation Safety Authority)
New in 4.3 (May 2016)
- New Aircraft
- Raven (with deep stall landings)
- MultiWiiCopter Scarab Reconn
- CyberQuad MAXI (requires Pro2014 license)
- ATX8_PRO (requires Pro2015 license)
- Cool things
- DJI iOSD as Plugin (including source code)
- DJI Phantom and Naza LEDs showing flight mode and battery warnings
- New more modern look for controls and menus
- New screen with cool oscilloscope-type channel display (in Help/USB info)
- Bottom menu reorganised
- Custom Logo can be added for demo, display or training purposes.
- Keyboard layout is now correct for QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboards
- Added Russian language
- Fixed multirotor flip-over at take off
- Fixed crash when user file cannot be opened for write due to permissions
- Fixed problem in Scenario Generator with large images
- Fixed crash after creating a FPV ascenario
- Fixed corrupted graphics when Secondary View is enabled
DJI iOSD is included as a Plugin with source code
New Raven and MultiWiiCopter Scarab Reconn
CyberQuad MAXI, and ATX8_PRO (require Pro license)
New in 4.2 (Apr 2014)
- New aircraft: DJI Phantom 2 Vision (Note: Only DJI Phantom 2 Transmitter Model NDJ6 has a Trainer Port compatible with AeroSIM-RC)
- New aircraft: TBS Discovery PRO
- Improved aerodynamics for multirotors (reflow, ground effect, wind effect)
- Aircraft with 2 FPV cameras can now show each one in Main view or PiP
- New Part group editing allows change values in all props at once
DJI Phantom 2 Vision
DJI Phantom 2 Vison, and TBS Discovery PRO
New in 4.1 (Oct 2013)
- New aircraft: DJI F450 (with new GPS hold function)
- New aircraft: Cinestar 8
- New aircraft Graphic options (e.g. boom colored position on multirotors)
- Display aircraft flight time and lesson progress on aircraft selection dialog
- Improved view when aircraft near pilot
- Added more time to multirotor Forward Flight lessons
- Lesson multirotor does not force now FlightMode 0 at each lesson start
- Improved selection of next Lesson from transmitter by waiting to center sticks
- Graphic Option to Run in a framed window
- Fixed crash when SwapInterval() not supported by graphic driver (i.e. graphics driver not installed)
- New buttons for Manual/Attitude/GPS
- Improved mouse click detection at low FPS
New DJI F450 and Cinestar 8
New in 4.0 (Feb 2013)
- New scenario: City
- New feature: LED lights for aircraft
- New aircraft: ATX8
- New Reset Mode: Travel Back in time after crash
- Camera Zoom controlled from TX
- New 'Timer Pause' button in lessons allows to practise without time limit
- New languages: German, Italian
New in 3.91 (March 2012)
- New aircraft: Siix, Trii
- New multicopter Heading Hold mode (not autolevel): 330X, MK-Quadro, Trii, Siix
- New Assistant for Transmitter Calibration and channel assignment. Calibration done in simulator, not in Windows
- New language: French
- Going to next lesson easily commanded now from transmitter (keyboard and mouse not necessary anymore)
- New aircraft moving part feature (first used in TriiCopter arm tilt)
- Fixed bug in scenario generator not allowing longitudes beyond 60 degrees
- Fixed problem plugin not found
New Trii and Siix
New in 3.8 (October 2011)
- New Training Program for Multirotors and Helicopters
- New aircraft: MK-OktoXL with stabilized camera
- Improved yaw performance in MK aircraft
- New Side Menu with main options: Select Aircraft, Training, FPV and Game mode
- CareFree v2.0 with 'teachable' option at Receiver Part
New MK-Okto XL with stabilized camera
New Copter Training Program
New in 3.6 (March 2011)
- New Heli30
- New plugin OSD644DMD
- New Radio Flight Modes (Idle Up and Throttle Hold modes for helicopters)
- Improved engine smoke graphics
- Instrument RPM, now shows Rotor RPM in helicopters
- Improved Wind simulation
- New electronic beep sounds at aircraft power-on (330X-S)
New OSD644DMD plugin
New in 3.5 (November 2010)
- New multirotor 330X-S (quadcopter by GAUI)
- Real Terrain Elevation data for scenarios created from satellite image
- Ikarus OSD
- New Plugin capability to try new OSDs and automatic pilot products
- Instrument Panel units now configurable
- Training Program: Landings now easier
- Fixed REV in channel configuration screen for modes 1,3 y 4
Ikarus OSD plugin (included in v3.5)
New Real Elevation Data for scenario generated from satellite images
New multirotor GAUI 330X-S
New in 3.3 (March 2010)
- New aircraft: Predator UAV and CyberQuad
- Research and Development using AeroSIM-RC via plugin dll (for developers of autopilots, stabilizers, IMUs, etc.)
- Improved graphics for NVidia cards
- New Altitude Hold function for CyberQuad
- New FPV Camera Tilt stabilization function for CyberQuad
- CloseUp window with FPV camera
- CloseUp window now resizeable
- Added ground effect and reflow effect to propellers
- New Edit Aaircraft page layout
New Predator and CyberQuad
New in 3.2 (November 2009)
- Improved airplane landing performance
- Improved channel configuration menu
- Support for Transmitter Modes 1,2,3 and 4
- Offer channel configuration menu after install
- Added tips on Transmitter configuration for simulator use
- Improved Brakes warning only when on ground
- Improved Context help on Instrument Controls
- Lessons: Offer to try Training Program if not tried yet
- Lessons: Fixed wind direction in low-pass over runway lessons
- Lessons: Increased time in Taxi lessons
New Channel Configuration Menu
New in 3.1 (October 2009)
- New Scenario Generator:
- Accepts jpg images of any size
- Interactive Elevation Map editing. See the terrain elevation while editing
- Graphically select the Aircraft Initial Position
- Georeference the image with any two points of known coordinates
- New nicer character fonts
- Removed "Adverse Wind" caption
- Predefined Mild Wind changed from 10 to 5 km/h, gust changed from 10% to 5%
- Wind gust selectable in 1% increments (was 10%)
- Added feedback in controls configuration
New Scenario Generator
New in 3.0 (September 2009)
- New Training Program for the beginner to learn to pilot a RC aircraft, with 63 lessons including Control operation, Take Off, Landing, Taxi, Forced Landings, and flight Patterns
- New Automatic Updates notifies if there is any update available and downloads it
- New User Profile to track training progress and flight statistics
- New Out-of-Trim function on aileron, elevator and rudder
- New Engine Failure warning
- Improved Ground effect
- Improved Wind controls
New Training Program
New TRIM function to practise with out-of-trim airplanes
New in 2.03 (June 2009)
- Improved Aircraft Selection by showing aircraft features graphically and info such as weight, wingspan, scale and recommended pilot experience
- Improved EF2000 performance
- New CG tuning slider to easily move forward/aft the CG of the airplane
- Improved battery simulation behaviour realistically simulates discharge curves for LiPo, NiCd and NiMh
- New BEC functionality in Speed Control component
- FPV Camera parameters moved from FPV-Options to a new simulation component FPV. New FPV simulation component with up to 3 FPV camera configurations and pan/tilt servo speed
- Camera can be controlled now with channels 1,2,3 and 4
- Added OSD Battery voltage, current, consumed charge and Timer (time elapsed since last battery/fuel recharge)
- Lat/Long display in OSD is now optional
- Units displayed inOSD now optional
- New Altitude, Range and Timer FPV alarms in OSD
- New access to Controller / TX-Configuration, from Menu Bar, for Flaps, Landing Gear, Brakes and FPV Pan/Tilt channel configuration
- Improved TX-Configuration menu with images for Flaps, Landing Gear, Brakes and FPV Pan/Tilt
- Added Range and Bearing to Home to the Compass instrument in Instrument Panel
- Engine start/stop and brakes operation are now recorded and played back
Improved OSD with Battery Voltage, Current, Consumed Charge and Timer
Improved Aircraft Selection menu with info such as weight, wingspan, scale, etc.
Improved FPV Options with Alarms
New in 2.02 (January 2009)
- First Multirotor added
- New AutoPilot Component (senses accelerations X,Y,Z and roll and pitch angles)
- Gyroscopic torque added to spining propellers
- Fix Flight Playback: Motor is now played back correctly
New in 2.01 (November 2008)
- Improved Scenario Generator
- Texts reworded
- Target Scenario File Size is now in MB (was KB)
- When Scenario Generator launches AeroSIM-RC, the brand new scenario will be loaded
- Fix: Aircraft in generted scenario not positioned correctly on ground
- Fully supported English Language
- Default language now taken from operating system user preferences
- Message "Restart program after language change" in the newly selected language
- User Manual in English
- Scenario Generator in English
- Installer in English